Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Hiking

The weather has been so beautiful here lately. I mean, absolutely GORGEOUS, Danielle. If you don't believe me, here is the most recent 5 day forecast. Yes, I like to rub it in.


















Anyway... this past Saturday, Bobby and I, along with a girl in our youth group, drove to Coopers Rock State Park. Of course I'm going to provide you with the Wikipedia link - here. I didn't have grand intentions for hard-core hiking, I just knew it wasn't going to be too hot and I wanted to do something outside. So I researched the park, printed out copies of maps and trail descriptions, etc., and as it says on Wiki, "Coopers Rock is home to a well-developed system of nearly 50 miles (80 km) of hiking trails." We found the park just fine, but could we find a trail? Nope. We spent the first half of our time there walking on roads and driveways, but there wasn't any traffic so it wasn't bad. Then we started looking harder for a trail and gave up and walked down the side of a mountain until we remembered that we were going to have to walk back up this incline to get back to the car, so we sat for awhile, chatted, and trekked back up to the Caliber. It was a really nice time, but next time I want to really find a trail!

Me, looking bad but having fun, with Julie.









1 comment:

we are the spencers said...

seriously, do you want me to keep liking you????