Friday, August 15, 2008

Drive-In

I have not been to a drive-in movie theater in forever. I can't even remember going to a drive-in, it's been that long, I was probably less than 5, who knows? So when we moved to Greene County and started attending church (and working) in this town called Carmichaels, I was thrilled to see that they have an old (everything is old here) drive-in theater. Well, it took The Dark Knight to come out for us to get there and we're so glad we did. It was awesome. And clearly I'm not just talking about the theater - we love TDK! We've only seen it twice so far, and there will be more to come. I think we've seen Batman Begins (the first of the good Batman movie with Christian Bale) close to 100 times, I'm not kidding.

So here we are, pulling into the Sky View Drive-In. Notice the very nice welcoming sign below, "NO OUTSIDE FOOD ALLOWED."

















Waiting forever for it to get dark enough to start the movie.



















Even the Caliber was happy to be there.



















Oh, and something cool happened during the movie. Not only did it start storming, not bad, but there was lots of lighting, but BATS were flying in front of the screen. How cool is that?!? Bats flying in front of Batman!

3 comments:

we are the spencers said...

bats in front of the screen- cool and creepy!

Annie said...

VERY COOL!!! (Both the drive-in theatre...AND the special effects!!) :)
Oh and By the way....I don't think I have seen ANY movie more than 5 times - even my VERY FAVORITES....so I am still STUNNED that you all have seen Batman Begins 100 times. Can you really be serious?!?!
~annie

Jennifer said...

Ok, so maybe I exaggerated just a little bit... I think perhaps it is more like 30+ times that we've seen BB. Probably about a dozen times ALL the way through in one sitting and the rest were just bits here and there on tv. You caught me, Annie. ;-)