So you all know now that we bought a house. Well, we are under contract to buy house. Same thing. (Sort of.) Regardless, we made a decision that will cost us a LOT of money in the very near future. Then two days later I got a letter in the mail that my insurance is not covering all the costs of my surgery I had in April. So there is $5,000 we have to pay. Then a few days later we get another bill for $1800 for the same surgery. (we are contesting it by the way.) And then yesterday we took our car in to the dealer and found out that it needs 2 new tires, alignment, and something else, which will cost nearly $400. That's just super.
But don't worry about us, we'll be fine.
Let's talk about the new house for a minute. You know, the one that we don't really own yet, but that I'm acting like we do.
Since I still can't post any more pictures, I thought I'd give you a list of some of the features of it that I like most:
- it has a nice sized "great" room - the living room, dining area, and kitchen are all connected. I'm thinking that maybe we'll be better at cleaning up our kitchen & dishes in a more timely fashion because we can still be in the same room as everyone else (and the tv) while we're doing it. Currently we just put it off because we are in a rush to get to the living room, which is on the opposite side of the house.
- the location. the house is less than a mile from I-35, just across the highway from a super target (how many people have I told that to already!?!?), about 4 miles from OU, 15-20 minutes from downtown OKC, and 30 minutes from Bobby's parents. More specifically, it is on a culdesac in a newer (but not brand new) neighborhood and all the houses look very nice & clean. We liked it better than others we saw because all the houses do not look alike, it's not a cookie-cutter neighborhood. And the houses aren't mushrooms! (that's what I call all the new developments around OKC because they all look the same and have these huge roofs because of the attics, and that's all you see is roof, so I call them mushrooms.) I don't mean to offend anyone who might live in one of these houses, they're really nice, and if we stay in the area, I'm sure we might end up in one of those eventually. But for now, I'm happy to be in one that's a little less fungus-looking. ha!
- there is a bow window in the master bedroom and I know the kitties will love laying there while looking outside wondering where all the little ground moles that they used to kill are. sorry kits, the ground here is clay, those little guys can't dig in that.
- there is big, giant mirror in the dining room so you can watch yourself eat. oh wait, no, that is one of the features that I hate and hope that it will be gone by the time we move in.
- the backyard, oh, I love the backyard, but you know that and already got to see a picture of it. I envision lots of parties and barbeques back there. oh athertonites, please come visit us!