Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Judgment Belongs to God

I have to keep reminding myself of that to keep from celebrating and being happy for what happened to Dr. George Tiller on Sunday. In case you haven't heard of him, Dr Tiller, also known as "Tiller the Baby Killer" was the director of a women's health clinic in Wichita, KS which performed late term abortions. I can't even bear to type the description of what that involves, so I'll just refer you to the wikipedia entry here to see the hideousness for yourself. But since that isn't bad enough, you must read this entry also. Even more gruesome is the fact that he prefered a method called dioxin injection, which was a 3 day process where he would poison the baby in utero and then induce labor. I've even read stories where healthy babies survived this poison, then were born, and no one knew what to do with them because now they had brain damage from the poison. Can you believe this is legal in this country?

My intentions are not for this to become a political blog, but the sorrow I feel when thinking about all those babies he killed is so tremendous, I just had to write about it. Folks, he killed 60,000 babies in his career. 60,000. That is more than the population of our entire county! In fact, it is 20,000 more than the population of our county.

So while there is now an end to the murders that this one man committed, his wife is mourning the loss of her husband, and we all know that while abortion is legal, this will continue. There are other baby killer doctors out there. A theme for my life lately has been, 'this isn't the way it's meant to be,' and it's not. God is the author of life and created these sweet innocent babies in the wombs of their mothers where it is supposed to be a safe place for them, not a place where poison should be injected and their brains be sucked out by doctors. Especially for someone who is trying so hard to do everything I can to have one of these sweet things in my belly, I mourn so deeply for those who have perished at the hands of this awful man. And I grieve for the many more who will follow at someone else's.

But again, a man has been murdered and that is not right. Who would I be if I said it was wrong for him to murder others and right for someone else to murder him (without trial & conviction)? Unfortunately he did undergo trial a few years ago and was acquitted. So obviously the change needs to come from the top down, and with our current administration, it does not look like that is going to happen anytime soon. So we need to just be in prayer for everyone involved and pray that God will be merciful upon those who are involved, because to be honest, I was quite sick to stomach the other night thinking about the wrath and judgment that Dr Tiller is facing currently, and you should be too.

No comments: