Friday, January 09, 2009

Missed this by 10 minutes

Last night I stayed a little late at work to finish up some projects. Normally I leave at 4:00, yesterday I stayed until 4:50. Normally I go to the post office everyday around 11:00 am, yesterday I went at 4:40. Guess what happened at 5:00?























An entire row of buildings next to the post office (which is 1 1/2 blocks away from the church) caught on fire. I can't believe I drove past these buildings just a fraction of time before they became ablaze.

Since we live about 20 minutes from Carmichaels (where this happened) we didn't hear about it until 8:30 pm. We started making calls and were very relieved to hear that no one, not even all the pets in the groomer, which was on the first floor of the building on fire, were injured. Wow.

Here is Pittsburgh's Channel 4 News story with a video and several photos.

This is what it looks like today.


No comments: