Monday, March 19, 2007

FishUn Time

Bobby and I spent a couple days at Kentucky Lake for some r&r&f (that’s rest, relaxation, and fishing). Kentucky Lake is about 3 hours from St Louis and is one of the lakes that makes up the Land Between the Lakes, which is a national recreation area. We stayed in a quaint little cottage at the Kings Creek Resort.

It wasn’t luxurious by any means, but was just what we needed – two bedrooms, a kitchen, near the water, boat rentals available, and equipped with cable tv. The weather was a little uncooperative, chilly & cloudy, with rain threatening the entire time, but when we woke up Wednesday morning, the sky was clear so we threw on our fishing clothes and jumped in a boat. We did get rained on briefly, but it only lasted a couple minutes.









The highlight of the boat trip was our friendly fishing competition. I jumped way ahead early, beating Bobby 6-0! But he quickly caught up and we finished at 11 fish for me, and 12 for him. Not bad for 4 hours.








1 comment:

Annie said...

Looks like you all had a fantastic time!!! Nick wishes he could take me camping. I told him I'd go camping anytime he wants to take me to a two bedroom cabin with a kitchen! :)
Glad you all got to go!