Thursday, February 17, 2011

Thunder!

If you haven't heard, Oklahoma City has an NBA team. But of course you knew that because in their first season (last year) they made the playoffs! Having never been a huge fan of the NBA (other than following Duke grads) I am surprised by how much I enjoy the Thunder. I guess it's part of that "love your city" thing we're always talking about. We watch at least 1/4-1/2 of every game, sometimes the entire game. Usually the second half because they're so exciting...I have never seen a team play in so many close games, and especially overtimes. We've been wanting to go to a game (or all of them) since we moved here, and this week we finally got to go. and boy, did we go! We got free tickets to sit in the champions club seats. otherwise known as, ten rows from the court padded seats. super swanky. my only complaint was that the game was a blowout, so the stars (Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, Jeff Green, & Krstic) didn't play much. I kept jokingly saying, "I paid $3 (for bottled water) to come here and I want to see KD play!" and "I drove TWELVE miles to get here, put the starters in!"















































































I am still not sure what these "people" were, but they moved around well for being in giant blowup costumes




















crazy fans trying to distract the free throw shooters





















check out the guy with the megaphone. you really should click on the photo to see it full size.




















self-portrait-at-the-thunder-game fail






















let's try some further away shot of each other






















much better





















newly inducted governor mary fallin was there





















game over. thunder win!





















cue the streamers






















after-game handshaking





















KD in center, wearing blue jacket


No comments: