Sunday, June 22, 2008

More pictures of the new car

This time I thought I'd provide some information on our new car, and some better pictures. So Bobby and I started researching vehicles about a month ago and we narrowed our search down to 3 cars basically: Pontiac Vibe, Toyota Matrix, and Dodge Caliber. They are all about the same size, all are considered "sport wagon/suv crossovers" or something like that, all get good gas mileage, and all have a hatchback. I originally wanted an SUV, just a small one, but the difference in gas mileage was too drastic - 16 compared to 30 - so with $4/gallon, we got the smaller car. So we found this one at a dealership near our church, test drove it on Monday and went back on Friday and got it! It's a 2007 certified pre-owned car, has had only one previous owner, 15K miles, and got 30.5 mpg on its half-tank of gas. We love it! Everyone thought this was going to be Bobby's car since the Nissan was mine, but I've only let him drive it 3-4 times since we got it. ;-)


I guess I should have cropped this photo, but here we are, in front of our car, wearing our hats that say Solomon Dodge (the dealership where we bought our car.) The other two cars belong to my parents.



















A closer up photo of us in our hats that the dealership gave us.



















Driving away... back to Greene County.

1 comment:

we are the spencers said...

you guys are so cute! love the new car, looks like tons of fun!